The second season of “Fear the Walking Dead” is tomorrow night! I am getting this out late but better late than never. I imagine if you were on the ‘Abigail’ this is what you would be drinking! (Update: We stopped watching this season after the first couple of episodes; it was that bad. If you are toughing it out we ‘salud’ you!)
For this drink you will need your personal taste of:
1.5 oz of Blueberry Vodka
0.5 to 1 oz of Blue Curacao
Lemon-Lime Soda (or tonic for less sweet)
Grenadine or Raspberry Syrup (Raspberry Syrup works best) (For non-alcoholic version Blue Gatorade and/or blue Hawaiian Punch OR blue food dye)
Chilled Glasses and Ice
First add the Vodka…
Next, add the Blue Curacao and top off with your choice of lemon-lime soda or tonic water. For non-alcoholic version leave out alcohol and add your choice of blue gatorade/punch, or blue food dye to lemon-lime soda.
Finally, add Grenadine or Raspberry syrup for effect…
Keep adding syrup until you have your desired effect/flavor…
If you are hosting a “Fear the Walking Dead” party, serve with ‘Zombie Parts’ appetizers Bacon Wrapped Shrimp and/or Bacon Wrapped Smokies.
Serves 6 to 8
1 hrPrep Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1.5 lbs. of Bacon
- 1 lb. of Smokies
- 1 c. Brown Sugar for Smokies
- 1 lb. of Large Shrimp, peeled & deveined
- Toothpicks or Skewers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep the smokies first.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Next, place 1 c. brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Dredge smokies and 10-12 slices of bacon cut into thirds in brown sugar.
- Wrap smokies in bacon and slide onto skewers.
- You can use toothpicks but skewers make it easier to turn them over.
- Once all are skewered, set aside.
- Peel and devein them.
- Next, take 10-12 slices of bacon and cut them in half.
- Wrap shrimp with bacon and secure with toothpicks or place on skewers as well. Set aside.
- Place bacon wrapped smokies on prepared baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes
- Turn at 15 minutes.
- Set aside on serving platter, remove skewers, cover and place in microwave to keep warm.
- Adjust oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Reuse foil covered baking sheet from smokies or prep another sheet.
- Place shrimp on baking sheet and place in 450 degree oven for no more than 15 minutes.
- Turn at 7 or so minutes.
- If you prefer crispy bacon you will need to precook your bacon for a couple of minutes.
- Allow to cool, then wrap shrimp and bake.
- Allow to rest for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
These are very rich!
Enjoy your Zombie Cocktails and Parts!
Have fun and be safe!